Zirconium drier for water- and solvent-based systems
Appearance Colorless liquid Metal content Zr: 12 % Non-volatile content NA Viscosity NA Specific gravity 1.03 g/cm3 (25°C) ASTM D 1963 Density NA
• Highly efficient secondary drier
• Promotes through-drying properties and are used in combination with cobalt, manganese, Borchi® OXY-Coat and other surface driers
• Improves through dry in oxidatively cured coatings primarily by the formation of coordinative bonds when hydroxyl and carboxyl groups are present
• In comparison to other secondary driers, zirconium has better properties in terms of color, yellowing and stability
• Water- and solvent-based systems
In conventional alkyd formulations, the Zirconium drier addition is between 0.05 – 0.30 % metal based on the vehicle solids of the coating and will vary depending upon the composition of the binder.
Protect from the effects of weathering and store at temperatures below 50 °C. Once opened, containers should be resealed immediately after each use
Please refer to our safety data sheet for information relating to product safety.
- Europe : EU - REACH (Volume Restriction)