Drier stabilizer for oxidatively drying paint systems
Appearance Blue liquid Metal content Co: 20.80 – 21.30 % ASTM D 2373 Non-volatile content 75 – 85 % ASTM D 1644 B Viscosity Max. 100 s MCI 76 – 72 Specific gravity 1.160 – 1.220 ASTM D 1963 Density NA
- Sacrificial drier in paste forms
- Countervails loss of drier action as a result of drier absorption during prolonged storage
- Takes effect in a controlled manner in step with the decomposition of the drier
- Does not affect initial drying of the paint system
- Has no adverse effect on the film properties of the paint
- Oxidative solvent-based systems
- Some water-reducible systems
- Aqueous systems only when the system contains an appropriate co-solvent
21% Cobalt Hydroxy Ten-Cem® is added to the milling base with pigment and binder. Subsequent addition is also possible. The addition of 21% Cobalt Hydroxy Ten-Cem® ranges between 0.3 and 0.7%, relative to the solid binder. The optimum amount must always be determined individually beforehand in trials.
Protect from the effects of weathering and store at temperatures below 50 °C. Once opened, containers should be resealed immediately after each removal of the product. During storage an increase in paste viscosity could be observed. The product should be stirred before using.
Please refer to our safety data sheet for information relating to product safety.
SAFETY DATA SHEET
- Europe : EINECS
- Switzerland : EINECS
- Norway : +
- USA : TSCA
- Canada : DSL
- Australia : AICS
- China : IECSC
- Japan : ENCS
- Korea : ECL
- Taiwan : NECI