Copper is used solely as a moderator in unsaturated polyester systems
Metal content Cu: 7.80 – 8.20 % Cu, ISO 4619 Density 0.930 – 0.980 g/cm³ (20°C) DIN 51757 Viscosity < 150 mPa·s (20°C) ISO 3219 (A) Non-volatile content 50.0 – 60.0 % ISO 3251 (2g, 3h, 105 °C)
- Acts as an inhibitor or retarding agent in unsaturated polyesters
- Used in pre-accelerated resins to improve storage stability
- Suppresses excessive warming when used with cobalt accelerators, thus preventing discolorations, surface imperfections and damage to the substrate
- Can extend pot life
- Casting resins, surfacers and coatings based on unsaturated polyesters.
In unsaturated polyesters, the addition of copper metal is between 0.001 and 0.010 %, calculated on total formulation. The exact amount required depends on the binder used and should always be determined in preliminary trials.
Protect from the effects of weathering and store at temperatures between 5 and 30 °C.
Once opened, containers should be resealed immediately after each removal of the product.
Please refer to our safety data sheet for information relating to product safety.
- Europe : EINECS, EU - REACH (Registered)
- Denmark : +
- USA : TSCA
- Canada : DSL
- China : IECSC
- Japan : ENCS
- Korea : ECL
- Taiwan : NECI
- Philippines : PICCS