Manganese drier in VOC-reduced and High-Solid coatings
Appearance Clear, middle-viscous, brown-red liquid Metal content Mn: 7.80 – 8.20 % ISO 4619 Non-volatile content NA Viscosity Max. 1500 mPa.s (20°C) ISO 3219 (A) Specific gravity NA Density 0.980 – 1.020 g/cm³ DIN 51757 (20 °C) Solvent Fatty acid ester
- Highly effective oxidative drier
- Promotes surface- and through-drying properties
- Usually used in combination with other primary driers such as Borchi® OXY – Coat or Borchers® Deca Cobalt
- High atmospheric humidity severely inhibits the effect of manganese
- Conventional architectural paints
- Wood coatings
- Printing Inks
- Industrial coatings based on resins that dry by oxidation
The typical usage level is 0.01 – 0.05 % manganese metal, based on binder solids. The exact amount depends upon the formulation and should always be determined in preliminary trials.
Protect from the effects of weathering and store at temperatures between 5 and 30 °C. Once opened, containers should be resealed immediately after each removal of the product.
Please refer to our safety data sheet for information relating to product safety.
- Europe : EINECS, EU - REACH (Registered)
- Switzerland : EINECS
- USA : TSCA
- Canada : DSL
- Australia : AICS
- New Zealand : NZIoC
- China : IECSC
- Japan : ENCS
- Korea : ECL
- Taiwan : NECI
- Philippines : PICCS