Zirconium drier in VOC-reduced and High-Solid coatings
Appearance Clear to slightly hazy, high-viscous, colorless to dark yellow liquid Metal content Zr: 14.70 – 15.30 % ISO 4619 Non-volatile content NA Viscosity Max. 4000 mPa.s (20°C) ISO 3219 (A) Specific gravity NA Density 1.1110 – 1.150 g/cm³ DIN 51757 (20 °C) Fatty acid ester Fatty acid ester
• Secondary drier mainly used with primary driers such as Borchi® OXY – Coat, Borchers® Deca Cobalt or Borchers® Deca Manganese
• Based on metal salts of neodecanoic acids
• Promotes through-drying primarily by the formation of coordination bonds
• Better properties in terms of color, yellowing and stability compared to other secondary driers
• VOC-reduced and High-Solid coatings systems
The typical usage level is 0.05 – 0.30 % zirconium metal, based on binder solids. The exact amount depends upon the formulation and should always be determined in preliminary trials.
Protect from the effects of weathering and store at temperatures between 5 and 30 °C.
Once opened, containers should be resealed immediately after each use.
Please refer to our safety data sheet for information relating to product safety.
SAFETY DATA SHEET
- Europe : EINECS
- Switzerland : EINECS
- USA : TSCA
- Canada : NDSL
- Japan : ENCS/METI
- Korea : ECL
- Taiwan : NECI
- Philippines : PICCS