Non-ionic, polyurethane-based medium range thickener for water-based coatings systems, VOC-, APEO- and tin-free
Appearance High-viscous liquid Non-volatile content 31 – 35 % ISO 3251 (2g, 3h, 105 °C) pH 4 – 7 Density 1.02 – 1.06 g/cm3 DIN 53217 (23 °C) Viscosity Max. 15000 mPa.s ISO 3219 (A) (23 °C) Solvent(s) Water
- Develops viscosity stability and improves rheological properties mainly in the medium and high shear range
- Improved storage stability, leveling and application properties
- Does not yellow or cause chalking in the cured film
- Brush and roller
- General industrial
- 0.2 – 3.0% on total formulation
The exact dosage should be experimentally determined. Borchi® Gel 0625 is easy to use and can be added at any stage of the formulation. The best incorporation method is to add it after the pigment/filler dispersion stage but prior to being let down. Under low shear mixing conditions, a pre-dilution in water or a mixture of water/propylene glycol may be necessary for complete incorporation.
Protect from the effects of weathering and store at temperatures between 5 and 30 °C. Once opened, containers should be resealed immediately after each removal of the product.
Please refer to our safety data sheet for information relating to product safety.
- Europe : EINECS, EU - REACH (Registered)
- Switzerland : EINECS
- USA : TSCA
- New Zealand : NZIoC
- China : IECSC
- Japan : ENCS
- Taiwan : NECI