Borchi® Gel A LA is a polyacrylate-based non-associative thickener in the form of a solution of anionic acrylic polymers in water that provides viscosity in the low shear range. It is alkylphenol ethoxylate (APEO) and organo-tin free.
This solution improves the rheological properties of aqueous coating systems. As a non-associative thickener, Borchi® Gel A LA swells water in the coating rather than associating it with binders. It provides improved flow and leveling properties of water-based coatings, mainly in high gloss emulsions. It can be used in adhesives and sealants.
This grade is compatible with polyurethane and cellulosic thickeners to develop optimum rheological profiles.
Appearance Clear liquid Non-volatile content 9 – 11 % pH Min. 8 Density 1.05 g/cm3 DIN 51757 (20 °C) Viscosity 25000 – 60000 mPa.s DIN 53019 (20 °C) Solvent(s) Water
- Improves flow and leveling properties of water-based coatings systems mainly in high gloss emulsions
- Build viscosity in the low shear range
- Swells water in the coating instead of associating with binders
- Minimizes roller splatter during application of emulsion paints, lacquers and printing inks
- Organo tin-free
- PUD resin systems for artificial leather
- Adhesives and sealants
- 1 – 2.0% on total formulation
Borchi® Gel A LA can be added directly to the batch as supplied. The exact dosage should be experimentally determined
Protect from the effects of weathering and store at temperatures between 5 and 30 °C. Once opened, containers should be resealed immediately after each removal of the product.
Please refer to our safety data sheet for information relating to product safety.
- Europe : EINECS
- Switzerland : EINECS
- USA : TSCA
- Canada : DSL
- Australia : AICS
- China : IECSC
- Japan : ENCS
- Korea : ECL
- Taiwan : NECI