Non-ionic polyurethane-based medium shear rate thickener for water-based coatings systems, VOC- , APEO- and Organo tin-free
Appearance Liquid, yellow Non-volatile content 48 – 52 % ISO 3251 (1g, 125 °C, 1h) pH 6 – 8 Density 1.08 g/cm3 DIN 51757 (20 °C) Viscosity 5000 – 9000 mPa.s (23 °C) ISO 3219 (Appendix A) Solvent(s) Water
- Develops viscosity stability in water-based coatings mainly in the medium shear range
- Improves rheological properties of water-based coatings systems for easier brush and roller application
- Does not yellow or cause chalking in the cured film
- Organo tin-free
- Acrylic gloss
- Small particle size emulsions
- 0.1 – 2.0% on total paint formulation
Borchi® Gel L 75 N is easy to use and can be added at any stage of the formulation including as a post viscosity adjustment without pre-dilution. Gloss paints may require a higher amount. The exact dosage should be experimentally determined. The thickening action of Borchi® Gel L 75 N may be reduced by polar, water soluble film forming solvents such as alcohols, glycols and glycol ethers. However, low polar solvents such as butyl diglycol acetate and Texanol® will increase the viscosity effect.
Protect from the effects of weathering and store at temperatures between 5 and 30 °C. Once opened, containers should be resealed immediately after each removal of the product.
Please refer to our safety data sheet for information relating to product safety.
- Europe : EINECS, EU - REACH (Registered)
- Switzerland : EINECS
- USA : TSCA
- Canada : DSL
- Australia : AICS
- New Zealand : NZIoC
- China : IECSC
- Japan : ENCS
- Korea : ECL
- Taiwan : NECI
- Philippines : PICCS