Thickener for emulsion and aqueous paint systems glycol ether- and VOC-free
Appearance Liquid, yellow Non-volatile content 47 – 53 % ISO 3251 (1g, 1h, 125 °C) pH 7 neutral Density 1.06 g/cm3 DIN 51757 (20 °C) Viscosity 4000 – 9000 mPa.s (23 °C) ISO 3219 (Appendix A) Solvent(s) Water
- Particularly useful thickener in acrylic high-gloss and anti-corrosion paints
- Improves rheological properties of aqueous coatings systems, allowing for easier application of paint with brush or roller, esp. for emulsion paints.
- Can be used in pure acrylic, styrene acrylic and styrene butadiene emulsions
- Can also be used in water-emulsifiable two-component systems and air- and stove-drying paints
- Water-emulsifiable two-component systems
- Air- and stove-drying paints
- Pure acrylic
- Styrene acrylic
- Styrene butadiene
0.1 – 2.0% on total paint formulation
Because of its low intrinsic viscosity, it can also be added after mixing without pre-dilution for adjustment of viscosity. Higher dosages are generally needed for production of gloss paints. It should be dissolved directly in the solvent in question and added to the mill base. The exact amount should always be determined beforehand in trials.
Protect from the effects of weathering and store at temperatures between 5 and 30 °C. Once opened, containers should be resealed immediately after each removal of the product.
Please refer to our safety data sheet for information relating to product safety.
SAFETY DATA SHEET
- Europe : EINECS
- Switzerland : EINECS
- Norway : +
- USA : TSCA
- Canada : DSL
- Australia : AICS
- New Zealand : NZIoC
- China : IECSC
- Japan : ENCS
- Korea : ECL
- Taiwan : NECI
- Philippines : PICCS