Non-ionic polyurethane-based low shear range thickener for water-based coatings systems, emulsifier, APEO- and Organo tin-free
Appearance Liquid, yellow Non-volatile content 24 – 26 % ISO 3251 (1g, 1h, 105 °C) pH 7 Neutral Density 1.07 g/cm3 DIN 51757 (20 °C) Viscosity Max. 15000 mPa.s ISO 3219 (A) (23 °C) Solvent(s) Water
- Exceptionally good thickening properties in most fine particle dispersion binders with low emulsifier content
- Very high water-retention capacity which promotes longer wet edge times than normal
- Added at low levels so water and scrub resistance of the cured surface will not be adversely affected
- Will not cause yellowing or chalking in cured film
- General Industrial
- 0.1 – 2.0% on total formulation
The exact dosage must be experimentally determined. In most applications, Borchi® Gel PW 25 must be pre-diluted with water first at a ratio of 1:4. This solution can then be added at any stage of the production including as a viscosity adjustment. Borchi® Gel PW 25 can only be used in its supplied form if there is sufficient water at a temperature of 50 – 60°C available for the dispersion; however, the binder must be added last. WARNING: Borchi® Gel PW 25 must not be added to the dispersion binder or the finished emulsion paint in its supplied form. It is highly active and immediate irreversible coagulation of the binder will occur. Borchi® Gel PW 25 must be pre-diluted before adding to the coating in these situations.
Protect from the effects of weathering and store at temperatures between 5 and 30 °C. Once opened, containers should be resealed immediately after each removal of the product.
Please refer to our safety data sheet for information relating to product safety.
SAFETY DATA SHEET
- Europe : EINECS, EU - REACH (Registered)
- Switzerland : EINECS
- USA : TSCA
- Canada : DSL
- Australia : AICS
- New Zealand : NZIoC
- China : IECSC
- Japan : ENCS
- Korea : ECL
- Taiwan : NECI
- Philippines : PICCS