Non-ionic polyurethane-based thickener for water-based costings systems, APEO- and tin-free
Appearance High-viscous liquid Non-volatile content 30 – 34 % ISO 3251 (2g, 3h, 105 °C) pH 6 – 9.5 Product Density 1.06 – 1.10 g/cm3 DIN 53217 (23 °C) Viscosity Max. 15000 mPa.s ISO 3219 (A) (23 °C) Solvent(s) Water
- Improves the rheological properties of water-based coating systems, particularly at lower shear
- Contributes to obtaining enhanced storage stability for coatings
- Develops a strong pseudoplastic, partly thixotropic flow behavior
- Ameliorates leveling and application properties of paint formulations
- Brush and roller
- 0.1 – 2.0% on total paint formulation
We recommend the incorporation after dispersing the pigments and fillers, prior to letting down. In critical systems of under low-shear mixing conditions could a pre-dilution in water or a mixture of water/propylene glycol supplementary induce a homogeneous incorporation. For glossy paints preparation, higher amounts are generally needed. The exact amount required for the respective system should be determined in pre-trials.
Protect from the effects of weather and store at temperatures between 15 and 30 °C. Once opened, containers should be resealed immediately after each removal of the product. At temperatures below 15 °C, turbidity, gelling, and gel particles may occur. This effect is reversible and does not influence the product efficiency, so warm up to 50 °C and mix well before use.
Please refer to our safety data sheet for information relating to product safety.
SAFETY DATA SHEET
- Europe : EINECS
- Switzerland : EINECS
- USA : TSCA
- New Zealand : NZIoC
- Korea :
- Taiwan : NECI