Non-ionic polyurethane-based thickener for water-based costings systems, APEO- and tin-free
Appearance High-viscous liquid Non-volatile content 30 – 34 % ISO 3251 (2g, 3h, 105 °C) pH 6 – 9.5 Product Density 1.06 – 1.10 g/cm3 DIN 53217 (23 °C) Viscosity Max. 15000 mPa.s ISO 3219 (A) (23 °C) Solvent(s) Water
- Improves the rheological properties of water-based coating systems, particularly at lower shear
- Contributes to obtaining enhanced storage stability for coatings
- Develops a strong pseudoplastic, partly thixotropic flow behavior
- Ameliorates leveling and application properties of paint formulations
- Brush and roller
- 0.1 – 2.0% on total paint formulation
Borchi® Gel THIX 921 is easy to use and can be added in any stage of the formulation. We recommend the incorporation after dispersing the pigments and fillers, prior to letting down. In critical systems of under low-shear mixing conditions could a pre-dilution in water or a mixture of water/propylene glycol supplementary induce a homogeneous incorporation. For glossy paints preparation, higher amounts are generally needed. The exact amount required for the respective system should be determined in pre-trials.
Protect from the effects of weather and store at temperatures between 15 and 30 °C. Once opened, containers should be resealed immediately after each removal of the product. At temperatures below 15 °C, turbidity, gelling, and gel particles may occur. This effect is reversible and does not influence the product efficiency, so warm up to 50 °C and mix well before use.
Please refer to our safety data sheet for information relating to product safety.
- Europe : EINECS, EU - REACH (Registered)
- Switzerland : EINECS
- USA : TSCA
- New Zealand : NZIoC
- Korea :
- Taiwan : NECI