Thickener/suspending additive for solvent-based paints containing dense pigments
Appearance Greenish paste Non-volatile content 55 – 60 % ISO 3251 (2g, 3h, 105 °C) pH N/A Density 0.94 – 0.98 g/cm3 DIN 53217 (20 °C) Viscosity N/A Solvent White-spirit with < 1 % aromatics
- Inhibits the hard settling of coatings containing dense pigments
- Easy to incorporate with high shear dispersing equipment
- Does not affect dry speed, hardness, gloss or weathering resistance of cured film
- Heavy pigments
- Metal powders
- Epoxy ester
- Chlorinated rubber
- Vinyl resin polymers / copolymers
- 1.0 – 3.0% on total paint formulation
Borchi® Set 134 can be added at any stage of the formulation although addition to the mill base is recommended. A high-speed mixer should be used for best incorporation into zinc-rich paints. The exact dosage should be experimentally determined.
Protect from the effects of weather and store at temperatures between 5 and 30 °C. Once opened, containers should be resealed immediately after each removal of the product.
Please refer to our safety data sheet for information relating to product safety.
- Europe : EINECS
- Switzerland : EINECS
- USA : TSCA
- Canada : NDSL
- China : IECSC
- Korea : ECL