Calcium drier for VOC-reduced and high-solid coatings
Appearance Clear, high-viscous, yellowish to brown liquid Metal content Ca: 6.80 – 7.20 % ISO 4619 Non-volatile content NA Viscosity Max. 5000 mPa.s (20°C) ISO 3219 (A) Specific gravity NA Density 1.000 – 1.040 g/cm³ DIN 51757 (20 °C) Solvent Fatty acid ester
• Yields synergistic effects in combination with primary driers such as cobalt and manganese and with secondary driers such as zirconium
• Prevents adsorption of the primary driers at the surface of pigments and extenders, thus stabilizing drying power
• Promotes pigment wetting and film gloss
• Solvent-based systems based on alkyds and epoxy esters that dry by oxidation
In our experience, the percentage addition of calcium, calculated on the metal content relative to solid binder, is approx. 0.03 – 0.30 %. The exact amount required depends on the binder used and should always be determined in preliminary trials.
It is recommended to add all or part of Octa-Soligen® Calcium during the grinding step to improve pigment wetting. It can also be incorporated at the end of the process at the same time than other driers.
Protect from the effects of weathering and store at temperatures between 5 and 30 °C.
Once opened,containers should be resealed immediately after each removal of the product.
Please refer to our safety data sheet for information relating to product safety.
- Europe : EINECS, EU - REACH (Registered)
- Switzerland : EINECS
- USA : TSCA
- Canada : DSL
- Australia : AICS
- New Zealand : NZIoC
- China : IECSC
- Japan : ENCS
- Korea : ECL
- Taiwan : NECI
- Philippines : PICCS