Zinc drier for solvent-based systems
Appearance Yellow liquid Metal content Zn: 22.50 – 23.50 % ISO 4619 Non-volatile content NA Viscosity 1000 – 10000 cSt (20°C) Specific gravity NA Density 1.19 g/cm³ DIN 51757 (20 °C)
• Secondary drier used in combination with primary driers (manganese or vanadium compounds)
• Improves through-drying and film hardness
• Prevents wrinkling and orange peel on paint film surface
• Slightly increases dry time
• Improves pigment wetting and dispersion
• Increases gloss and color-fastness
• Reduces grind time when added to formulation at early stage
• Can be used in large amounts without discoloring film
• Solvent-based systems based on alkyds and epoxy esters that dry by oxidation
The addition rate of zinc, calculated on the metal content per solid binder, is approx. 0.03 – 0.50 %. The exact amount required depends on the binder and used formulation and should always be determined in preliminary trials. Octa-Soligen® Zinc can be introduced during the grinding step to improve pigment wetting, thus at the end of process at the same time than other driers.
Protect from the effects of weathering and store at temperatures between 5 and 30 °C.
Once opened, containers should be resealed immediately after each removal of the product.
Please refer to our safety data sheet for information relating to product safety.
- Europe : EINECS, EU - REACH (Registered)
- Switzerland : EINECS
- USA : TSCA (Zn2EH - CAS no. 136-53-8)
- Canada : DSL
- Australia : AICS
- New Zealand : NZIoC
- China : IECSC
- Japan : ENCS/METI
- Korea : ECL
- Taiwan : NECI
- Philippines : PICCS