Zirconium drier in VOC-reduced and high-solid coatings
Appearance Clear, middle-viscous, colorless to yellow liquid Metal content Zr: 17.70 – 18.30 % ISO 4619 Non-volatile content NA Viscosity 200 – 800 mPa.s (20°C) ISO 3219 (A) Specific gravity NA Density 1.160 – 1.210 g/cm³ DIN 51757 (20 °C) Solvent Fatty acid ester
• Widely used secondary drier with cobalt, manganese and calcium
• Based on metal salts of 2-ethylhexanic acid (octoates) or their isomers
• Promotes through-drying primarily by the formation of coordination bonds
• Better properties in terms of color, yellowing and stability compared to other secondary driers
• VOC-reduced and high-solids coatings
In our experience, the percentage addition of zirconium, calculated on the metal content per solid binder, is approx. 0.05 – 0.30 %. The exact amount required depends on the binder used and should always be determined in preliminary trials.
Protect from the effects of weathering and store at temperatures between 5 and 30 °C.
Once opened, containers should be resealed immediately after each removal of the product.
Please refer to our safety data sheet for information relating to product safety.
- Europe : EINECS
- Switzerland : EINECS
- Denmark : +
- Norway : +
- USA : TSCA
- Canada : DSL
- Australia : AICS
- New Zealand : NZIoC
- China : IECSC
- Japan : ENCS
- Korea : ECL
- Taiwan : NECI
- Philippines : PICCS