Cobalt-free primary drier with high oxidative drying activity for low VOC coatings and printing inks
Appearance Brown liquid Metal content 6.85 – 7.25 % Mn, M001 Viscosity <= 3.000 cPs Density 1.00 – 1.040 g/cm3 D1963 (25 °C) Solvent Fatty acid ester
- Provides rapid surface and through-drying properties for uniform cure
- Contains an organic accelerator component to provide enhanced activity compared to other cobalt-free primary driers
- Recommended for solvent-based systems only
- Used as a surface drier in clear and pigmented coatings systems to replace other primary driers, particularly cobalt
- Printing inks
We recommend adding Borchers® Dry 0411 HS US after the pigment dispersion prior to adding an anti-skinning agent. Pre-thinning is not required. The dosage of Borchers® Dry 0411 HS US is dependent upon the type and quantity of the binder and should be experimentally determined. Typical starting point levels are 0.1 – 0.5 % by weight based on binder solids.
Borchers® Dry 0411 HS US is compatible with all other Borchers driers to improve dry characteristics.
- Add 24 % Zirconium Hex-Cem® to increase film hardness and improve through-dry.
- Add 10% Calcium Cem-All® to the pigment dispersion to improve storage stability.
- In printing ink systems, prevent skinning by replacing phenolic-based antioxidants or butanone oxime with our phenol and oxime-free antioxidant Ascinin® Anti Skin 0444.
Protect from the effects of weathering and store at temperatures between 5 and 30 °C. Once opened, containers should be resealed immediately after each removal of the product.
Wear appropriate protective clothing when handling this product. Please refer to our safety data sheet for additional information related to safe handling and product safety.
SAFETY DATA SHEET
- Europe : EINECS
- USA : TSCA
- Canada : DSL
- Australia : AICS
- New Zealand : NZIoC
- China : IECSC
- Japan : ENCS
- Korea : ECL
- Taiwan : NECI
- Philippines : PICCS