Borchi® OXY-Coat is a metal-based cobalt-free drier that demonstrates excellent drying performance at low use levels in solvent-based alkyd coatings, particularly those using propylene glycol.
This solution is a unique catalyst that is applicable in a wide range of coating systems that dry oxidatively. As cobalt is increasingly being labeled as a toxic metal around the world, Borchi® OXY-Coat boasts as a curing solution that does not contain any toxic metals.
Benefits of this cobalt-free drier include faster dry times, improved gloss and haze, brighter whites, non-yellowing and the ability to be used in adverse conditions thus extending the coatings season window.
Applications include wood, industrial and architectural coatings, as well as printing inks.
Click here for sales tool.
Appearance Clear brown to yellow liquid Metal content Fe: 800 – 1000 ppm Viscosity Max. 200 mPa·s (informative) ISO 3219 (A) (20 °C) Density Approx. 1.04 g/cm3 (informative) DIN 51757 (20 °C) Solvent 1,2-propylene glycol (informative)
- Improved drying activity, color performance, gloss and haze compared to cobalt-based driers
- Based on a unique, patented, highly active iron complex
- Primarily recommended for the use in solvent-based systems
- Can be used in all coatings which dry by oxidation
- Coatings with resins that that dry by oxidation
- Vegetable oils
- Epoxy esters
All resin systems are unique and will require the level of Borchi® OXY - Coat to be optimized for the best cost and dry. We recommend using a ladder study of 0.5 -3 % Borchi® OXY - Coat as supplied on resin solids. Please keep in mind that too much Borchi® OXY – Coat might inhibit through dry. Borchi® OXY - Coat should be added as one of the last ingredients before the Anti-Skinning agent.
Protect from the effects of weathering and store at temperatures between 5 and 30 °C. Once opened, containers should be resealed immediately after each removal of the product.
Please refer to our safety data sheet for information relating to product safety.
- Europe : Pre-registered, EU - REACH (Registered)
- Switzerland : EINECS
- USA : TSCA
- Canada : Allowed under specific conditions. Please contact us for further information.
- Australia : Registered but currently may be subject to volume restrictions
- New Zealand : May be used as a component in a product covered by a group standard but it is not approved for use as a chemical in its own right
- China : Registered but currently may be subject to volume restrictions
- Japan : Registered but currently may be subject to volume restrictions
- Korea : ECL
- Taiwan : NECI