Zirconium drier in solvent-based systems
Appearance Clear, high-viscous, colorless to yellowish liquid Metal content Zr: 23.60 – 24.40 % ISO 4619 Non-volatile content NA Viscosity Max. 4000 mPa.s (25°C) ISO 3219 (A) Specific gravity NA Density 1.280 – 1.320 g/cm³ DIN 51757 (20 °C) Solvent White-spirit containing <1 % aromatics
• Widely used secondary drier with cobalt, manganese and calcium
• Based on metal salts of 2-ethylhexanic acid (octoates) or their isomers
• Promotes through-drying primarily by the formation of coordination bonds
• Better properties in terms of color, yellowing and stability compared to other secondary driers
• Solvent-based systems
In our experience, the percentage addition of zirconium, calculated on the metal content per solid binder, is approx. 0.05 – 0.30 %. The exact amount required depends on the binder used and should always be determined in preliminary trials.
Protect from the effects of weathering and store at temperatures between 5 and 30 °C.
Once opened, containers should be resealed immediately after each removal of the product.
Please refer to our safety data sheet for information relating to product safety.
- Europe : EINECS, EU - REACH (Registered)
- Switzerland : EINECS
- USA : TSCA
- Canada : DSL
- Australia : AICS
- New Zealand : NZIoC
- China : IECSC
- Japan : ENCS
- Korea : ECL
- Taiwan : NECI
- Philippines : PICCS