Anti-skinning agent for oxidatively cured low VOC coating systems and pigment pastes, MEKO-free, phenol-free
Appearance Clear, low-viscous, colorless to yellowish liquid Viscosity 30 – 130 mPa·s ISO 3219 (A) (20 °C) Density 0.99 – 1.03 g/cm 3 DIN 51757 (20 °C) Solvent Glycol
- Improves the storage stability of solvent-based oxidatively cured coating systems, printing inks and pigment pastes by preventing skin-formation on the surface of the coating while still in the container
- Controls surface dry retardation and keeps the film open longer to ensure deeper penetration of oxygen to lower film layers which promotes through dry and improves flow properties
- Can eliminate excessive dry time retardation with phenolics or the toxicity of oximic compounds
- Polar formulations
- Clear or pigmented systems
Ascinin® Anti Skin 0445 can be added to the system at any stage of the manufacturing process but it is highly recommended to add it as the final addition after driers. Pre-dilution is not recommended. The amount of Ascinin® Anti Skin 0445 depends on the type of binder and quantity of the driers used. Typical amounts are 0.2 to 0.6 % by weight on total formulation. When substituting for Butanonoxime we recommend starting with half the original amount and increase as needed.
Protect from the effects of weathering and store at temperatures between 5 and 30 °C. Once opened, containers should be resealed immediately after each removal of the product.
No special labeling is required to meet EEC requirements. Ascinin® Anti Skin 0445 is not considered a dangerous cargo. For further safety information please refer to our safety data sheet.
SAFETY DATA SHEET
- Europe : EINECS, EU - REACH (Registered)
- Switzerland : EINECS
- USA : TSCA
- Canada : DSL
- Australia : AICS
- New Zealand : NZIoC
- China : IECSC
- Japan : ENCS
- Korea : ECL
- Taiwan : NECI
- Philippines : PICCS