Anti-skinning agent for binders containing oil
Appearance Colorless liquid Viscosity N/A Density 0.92 g/cm3 (20 °C) Solvent N/A
- Synthetic organic anti-skinning agent
- Delays the onset of drying of clear lacquers without affecting through-drying
- Prolongs the open time of the film, thereby preventing flow problems and blistering
- Does not cause yellowing or discoloration and exhibits no undesirable reactivity in finished paint systems
- Air and stove-drying lacquers
- Pigmented paints based on
- Drying oils
- Alkyd resins
- Epoxy esters
- Other refined drying oils
In view of its volatility, Borchi® Nox M 2 should only be added before the finished paint is poured into the can. It is incorporated by gentle stirring. Simultaneous addition of Borchi® Nox M 2 with driers is to be avoided. On account of the volatility of Borchi® Nox M 2, paint systems modified with this product may only be stored in sealed containers. Dosages and efficacy are dependent on the particular binder system, the pigments used and their tendency towards skinning and need to be determined beforehand in trials. Pigmented paints require on average 30 % higher quantity than corresponding clear coating systems.
Protect from the effects of weathering and store at temperatures between 5 and 30 °C. Once opened, containers should be resealed immediately after each removal of the product. Borchi® Nox M 2 must not be stored in containers made of copper, brass, lead, aluminium or PVC as chemical reactions with these metals may take place and discoloration may occur under certain conditions, thereby reducing the efficacy of its anti-skinning action. Iron, zinc and tin containers are unlikely to affect Borchi® Nox M 2. Glass, steel and stainless steel containers are especially suitable for Borchi® Nox M 2. In view of its volatility, Borchi® Nox M 2 may only be stored in sealed containers.
For further safety information please refer to our safety data sheet.
- Availability : Asia , EMEA
- Media : Solvent-based
- Start Formulations : EU SF 2.1. EU SF 3.11. EU SF 6.1. US SF 3.11.
- Europe : EINECS, EU - REACH (Registered)
- Switzerland : EINECS
- Denmark : +
- Norway : +
- USA : TSCA
- Canada : DSL
- Australia : AICS
- New Zealand : NZIoC
- China : IECSC
- Japan : ENCS/METI
- Korea : ECL
- Taiwan : NECI
- Philippines : PICCS