Ionic wetting and dispersing agent with amphiphilic structure for solvent-based, solvent-free, and water-based coating systems
Appearance High viscous, colorless to yellowish liquid Non-volatile content 80 – 90 % pH 4.5 – 6.5 Density 1.08 – 1.11 g/cm3 Viscosity Max. 1600 mPa.s Solvent(s) N/A
- Good wetting and dispersing properties even at low dosages, especially with inorganic pigments
- High gloss
- Strong color development
- Prevents settling of pigments and fillers during storage
- Performs as anti-gelling agent when basic pigments and acidic binders are used
- In systems containing metal-based catalysts or driers, excessive Borchi® Gen ND might result in a prolonged open time and pot life due to complex formation with metal ions
- Alkyd paints
- Chlorinated rubber paints
The exact dosage should be experimentally determined through a ladder study. Borchi® Gen ND should be added to the mill base before adding the pigment. Based on active dispersant on pigment:
- Titanium dioxide: 3 – 5 %
- Inorganic pigments: 10 – 15 %
Protect from the effects of weather and store at temperatures between 5 and 30 °C. Once opened, containers should be resealed immediately after each removal of the product.
Please refer to our safety data sheet for information relating to product safety.
For chemical inventory status, please review section 15 of the current SDS.
Click here to access the SDS portal.
For additional regulatory information, please contact [email protected].