Cobalt-Free Paint Drier for Water-Based Alkyds
Borchi® OXY-Coat 1101 is a high-performance cobalt-free paint drier for water-based alkyds that demonstrates excellent drying performance at low-use levels in coatings.
This curing additive is not only cobalt-free, but also VOC-free, APEO-free, and Proposition 65 and REACH compliant. As concerns around cobalt are increasing within the coatings industry, this product benefits the market as a waterborne curing solution that does not contain any metals that could potentially compromise sustainability.
Benefits of Water-Based High-Performance Cobalt-Free Driers
Borchi® OXY-Coat 1101 is a high-performance catalyst that is applicable in coating systems that dry oxidatively. It is our only cobalt-free solution for water-based alkyd coatings that is available in all regions. Benefits of this cobalt-free paint drier include improved dry times, gloss, and haze. This solution also provides brighter whites and lower yellow tones in coatings.
Our high-performance cobalt-free drying technology is ideal for waterborne exterior alkyd coatings used in extreme weather conditions. This helps extend the coatings season window for outdoor paint applications. It provides wrinkle-free drying in hot weather and improves dry times in low temperature, high humidity weather.
Improved adhesion in direct-to-metal applications and better loss of dry over stability are provided by our cobalt-free drying solutions.
Borchi® OXY-Coat 1101 Drying in Adverse Conditions
Borchi® OXY-Coat 1101 cobalt-free drier improves dry times in low temperature, high humidity conditions for waterborne alkyd paints
Color Advantages of Borchi® OXY-Coat Technology
Cobalt Drier Borchi® OXY-Coat 1101
Color advantages of Borchi® OXY-Coat technology include brighter whites in alkyd paints compared to metal carboxylate alternatives
Wrinkling Prevention on Substrates
Cobalt Drier Borchi® OXY-Coat
Cobalt-free driers prevent wrinkling in alkyd paints compared to cobalt containing driers
Applications include wood, industrial, and architectural coatings, as well as printing inks.
This article contains information about the benefits of Borchi® OXY-Coat as a water-based alkyd paint drier.
Appearance Clear brown to yellow liquid Viscosity 0 – 200 mPa·s (informative) ISO 3219 (A) (20 °C) Density Approx. 1.0 g/cm3 (informative) DIN 51757 (20 °C) Solvent Water (informative)
- Improved drying activity, color performance, gloss and haze compared to cobalt-based driers
- Based on a unique, patented, highly active iron complex
- Compliant with the environmental labels “Blue Angel” (RAL-UZ 12a) and “EU Ecolabel” (Regulation (EC) No. 66/2010, Commission Decision 2014/312/EU)
- Can be used in all coatings with binders that dry by oxidation
- Ideal for water-based systems
- Outperforms cobalt-based driers
- Coatings with binders that dry by oxidation
All resin systems are unique and will require the level of Borchi® OXY - Coat 1101 to be optimized for the best cost and dry. We recommend using a ladder study of 0.25 – 2 % Borchi® OXY - Coat 1101 as supplied on resin solids. Please keep in mind that too much Borchi® OXY - Coat 1101 might inhibit through dry. Borchi® OXY - Coat 1101 should be added as one of the last ingredients before the Anti-Skinning agent.
Protect from the effects of weathering and store at temperatures between 5 and 30 °C. Once opened, containers should be resealed immediately after each removal of the product.
Please refer to our safety data sheet for information relating to product safety.
- Europe : Pre-registered, EU - REACH (Registered)
- Switzerland : EINECS
- USA : TSCA
- Canada : Allowed under specific conditions. Please contact us for further information.
- Australia : Registered but currently may be subject to volume restrictions
- New Zealand : May be used as a component in a product covered by a group standard but it is not approved for use as a chemical in its own right
- China : Registered but currently may be subject to volume restrictions
- Japan : Registered but currently may be subject to volume restrictions
- Korea : ECL
- Taiwan : NECI