Water-Based Alkyd Paint Drier
Borchi® OXY-Coat 1101 is a cobalt-free water-based alkyd paint drier that demonstrates excellent drying performance at low use levels in coatings.
This curing additive is not only cobalt-free, but also VOC-free, APEO-free, and Proposition 65 and REACH compliant. As cobalt is increasingly being labeled as a toxic metal around the world, this product boasts as a curing solution that does not contain any toxic metals.
Click here to order a free sample or obtain a technical data sheet
Benefits of Cobalt-Free Driers
Borchi® OXY-Coat 1101 is a unique catalyst that is applicable in a wide range of coating systems that dry oxidatively. It is our only water-based cobalt-free solution. Benefits of this cobalt-free paint drier include improved dry times, gloss, and haze. This solution also provides brighter whites and non-yellowing properties in coatings.
Our cobalt-free drying technology is ideal for water-based exterior alkyd coatings used in extreme weather conditions. This helps extend the coatings season window for outdoor paint applications. It also provides wrinkle-free drying in hot weather, resulting in smooth substrate surfaces.
Improved loss of dry over stability and better adhesion in direct to metal applications are also provided by our cobalt-free drying solutions.
Borchi® OXY-Coat Improved Loss of Dry Over Stability
Borchi® OXY-Coat cobalt-free drier technology provides improved loss of dry over stability in water-based pigmented and clear alkyd paint systems compared to cobalt carboxylate alternatives. Other Borchi® OXY-Coat solutions work well in solvent-based systems
Color Advantages of Borchi® OXY-Coat Technology
Cobalt Drier Borchi® OXY-Coat
Manganese Drier Borchi® OXY-Coat
Color advantages of Borchi® OXY-Coat technology include warmer wood tones, non-yellowing of substrates, and brighter whites in architectural and wood alkyd paint compared to metal carboxylate alternatives
Wrinkling Prevention on Substrates
Cobalt Drier Borchi® OXY-Coat
Cobalt-free driers prevent wrinkling in water-based alkyd paints compared to cobalt containing driers
Applications include wood, industrial, and architectural coatings, as well as printing inks.
This article contains information about the benefits of Borchi® OXY-Coat as a water-based alkyd paint drier.
Appearance Clear brown to yellow liquid Viscosity 0 – 200 mPa·s (informative) ISO 3219 (A) (20 °C) Density Approx. 1.0 g/cm3 (informative) DIN 51757 (20 °C) Solvent Water (informative)
- Improved drying activity, color performance, gloss and haze compared to cobalt-based driers
- Based on a unique, patented, highly active iron complex
- Compliant with the environmental labels “Blue Angel” (RAL-UZ 12a) and “EU Ecolabel” (Regulation (EC) No. 66/2010, Commission Decision 2014/312/EU)
- Can be used in all coatings with binders that dry by oxidation
- Ideal for water-based systems
- Outperforms cobalt-based driers
- Coatings with binders that dry by oxidation
All resin systems are unique and will require the level of Borchi® OXY - Coat 1101 to be optimized for the best cost and dry. We recommend using a ladder study of 0.25 – 2 % Borchi® OXY - Coat 1101 as supplied on resin solids. Please keep in mind that too much Borchi® OXY - Coat 1101 might inhibit through dry. Borchi® OXY - Coat 1101 should be added as one of the last ingredients before the Anti-Skinning agent.
Protect from the effects of weathering and store at temperatures between 5 and 30 °C. Once opened, containers should be resealed immediately after each removal of the product.
Please refer to our safety data sheet for information relating to product safety.
SAFETY DATA SHEET
- Europe : Pre-registered, EU - REACH (Registered)
- Switzerland : EINECS
- USA : TSCA
- Canada : Allowed under specific conditions. Please contact us for further information.
- Australia : Registered but currently may be subject to volume restrictions
- New Zealand : May be used as a component in a product covered by a group standard but it is not approved for use as a chemical in its own right
- China : Registered but currently may be subject to volume restrictions
- Japan : Registered but currently may be subject to volume restrictions
- Korea : ECL
- Taiwan : NECI