Borchi® OXY-Coat 1101 is a metal-based cobalt-free drier for water-based alkyds that demonstrates excellent drying performance at low use levels in coatings.
Borchi® OXY-Coat 1101 is not only cobalt-free, but also VOC-free, APEO-free and Proposition 65 compliant. As cobalt is increasingly being labeled as a toxic metal around the world, this product boasts as a curing solution that does not contain any toxic metals.
Borchi® OXY-Coat 1101 is a unique catalyst that is applicable in a wide range of coating systems that dry oxidatively. It is also our only water-based cobalt-free solution. Benefits include faster dry times, improved gloss and haze, brighter whites, non-yellowing and the ability to be used in adverse conditions thus extending the coatings season window. Applications include wood, industrial and architectural coatings, as well as printing inks.
This article contains information about the benefits of our Borchi® OXY-Coat line in water-based alkyds.
Appearance Clear brown to yellow liquid Metal content Fe: 800 – 1000 ppm Viscosity 0 – 200 mPa·s (informative) ISO 3219 (A) (20 °C) Density Approx. 1.0 g/cm3 (informative) DIN 51757 (20 °C) Solvent Water (informative)
- Improved drying activity, color performance, gloss and haze compared to cobalt-based driers
- Based on a unique, patented, highly active iron complex
- Compliant with the environmental labels “Blue Angel” (RAL-UZ 12a) and “EU Ecolabel” (Regulation (EC) No. 66/2010, Commission Decision 2014/312/EU)
- Can be used in all coatings with binders that dry by oxidation
- Ideal for water-based systems
- Outperforms cobalt-based driers
- Coatings with binders that dry by oxidation
All resin systems are unique and will require the level of Borchi® OXY - Coat 1101 to be optimized for the best cost and dry. We recommend using a ladder study of 0.25 – 2 % Borchi® OXY - Coat 1101 as supplied on resin solids. Please keep in mind that too much Borchi® OXY - Coat 1101 might inhibit through dry. Borchi® OXY - Coat 1101 should be added as one of the last ingredients before the Anti-Skinning agent.
Protect from the effects of weathering and store at temperatures between 5 and 30 °C. Once opened, containers should be resealed immediately after each removal of the product.
Please refer to our safety data sheet for information relating to product safety.
- Europe : Pre-registered, EU - REACH (Registered)
- Switzerland : EINECS
- USA : TSCA
- Canada : Allowed under specific conditions. Please contact us for further information.
- Australia : Registered but currently may be subject to volume restrictions
- New Zealand : May be used as a component in a product covered by a group standard but it is not approved for use as a chemical in its own right
- China : Registered but currently may be subject to volume restrictions
- Japan : Registered but currently may be subject to volume restrictions
- Korea : ECL
- Taiwan : NECI