Combination drier with low cobalt content particularly suited to light-colored paints and varnishes
Appearance Clear, middle-viscous violet liquid Metal content Ca: 1.40 – 1.60 %
Co: 1.40 – 1.60 %
Zn: 0.80 – 0.90 %
Zr: 10.50 – 11.10 %
Total: 14.10 – 15.20 % DN 55901
Non-volatile content 60.00 – 74.00 % ISO 3251 (2g, 3h, 105 °C) Viscosity Max. 500 mPa·s ISO 3219 (A) (20 °C) Specific gravity NA Density 1.040 – 1.080 g/cm³ DIN 51757 (20 °C)
• Multi-metal drier that provides high reactivity
• Low dosage of cobalt allows for progressive surface drying of the paint film
• Homogeneous and even drying
• Can be added to the binder or to paint already diluted with water, regardless of pH
• Solvent: white-spirit containing <1 % aromatics
• Formulations based on medium- and long-oil resins
Many tests have determined a reliable and extrapolatable method, which ever resin may be utilized.
• Medium oil resins (40 – 55 %)
We recommend, for this kind of formulation, the introduction of 2 – 4 g of Octa-Soligen® 141 Z as supplied per 100 g of resin solids.
Example: Resin of 50 % introduced to 60 % of the formulation:
• Solids content: 30 % x 0.04 = 1.2 % of Octa-Soligen® 141 Z, related to the total formulation
• Long-oil resins (55 – 75 %)
We recommend the introduction of 4 – 6 g of Octa-Soligen® 141 Z as supplied per 100 g of resin solids.
Example: resin of 65 % introduced to 50 % into the formulation:
• Solids content: 32.5 % x 0.06 = 1.95 % of Octa-Soligen® 141 Z, related to the total formulation.
If there are strong proportions of drier-adsorbing pigments (due to their high specific surfaces) and/or resins with an oil-length superior to 70 % in this kind of formulation, it may become necessary to add Octa-Soligen® Calcium 10 (see separate data sheet). In this case the recommended dosage of Octa-Soligen® Calcium 10 is about 50% related to the dosage of Octa-Soligen® 141 Z.
Protect from the effects of weathering and store at temperatures below 50 °C.
Once opened, containers should be resealed immediately after each removal of the product.
Please refer to our safety data sheet for information relating to product safety.
- Europe : EINECS
- Switzerland : EINECS
- Denmark : +
- Norway : +
- USA : TSCA (Zn2EH - CAS no. 136-53-8)
- Canada : DSL
- Australia : AICS
- New Zealand : NZIoC
- China : IECSC
- Japan : ENCS/METI
- Korea : ECL
- Taiwan : NECI
- Philippines : PICCS