Specialty drier for water-based paint systems
Appearance Clear, middle-viscous violet liquid Metal content Ba: 6.72 – 7.12 %
Co: 1.05 – 1.25 %
Zn: 2.98 – 3.18 %
Total: 10.75 – 11.55 % DN 55901
Non-volatile content 50.00 – 60.00 % ISO 3251 (2g, 3h, 105 °C) Viscosity 80 – 280 mPa·s ISO 3219 (A) (20 °C) Specific gravity NA Density 0.980 – 1.020 g/cm³ DIN 51757 (20 °C) Solvent White-spirit containing <1 % aromatics
• Effects rapid and uniform initial drying and good through-drying of the paint film
• Improves color stability, gloss, film hardness and water resistance
• Remains stable even if stored for over a year
• Can be added to the binder or to paint already diluted with water, regardless of pH
• Water-based paint systems based on binders that dry by oxidation
The exact amount required should always be determined in preliminary trial.
Additions from 2 to 6 % Octa-Soligen® 123 aqua relative to binder (long-oil alkyd), equivalent to the
following metal contents:
• Cobalt: 0.024 – 0.072 %
• Barium: 0.144 – 0.4322 %
• Zinc:0.064 – 0.192 %
Under certain circumstances, more or less than the recommended amounts may be used. However, the optimum amount needs to be determined in trials. To improve the drier stability of paints such as those containing pigments which readily adsorb driers, we recommend that 0.5 – 1.0 % Octa-Soligen® Calcium 10 is added prior to milling.
Protect from the effects of weathering and store at temperatures between 5 and 30 °C.
Once opened, containers should be resealed immediately after each removal of the product.
Please refer to our safety data sheet for information relating to product safety.
- Europe : EINECS
- Switzerland : EINECS
- Denmark : +
- Norway : +
- USA : TSCA (Zn2EH - CAS no. 136-53-8)
- Canada : DSL
- Australia : AICS
- New Zealand : NZIoC
- China : IECSC
- Japan : ENCS/METI
- Korea : ECL
- Taiwan : NECI
- Philippines : PICCS